SailNet Community - View Single Post - Multihull Popularity and Interesting Designs
View Single Post
post #86 of Old 02-23-2018
smackdaddy
Banned

Re: Multihull Popularity and Interesting Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcb View Post
I don't see why it isn't relevant. The OP mentioned safety and seaworthiness in the first post. I thought we were trying to have a balanced discussion. If one person shows a vid of a cruising cat surfing at 27 knots to show seaworthiness, why isn't it reasonable to show the other side of the coin. Or, in this case, the other side of the boat
I would love to have a balanced discussion. I think the difference in my mind is that, as I said above, I don't expect ANY boat to be "safe" in a hurricane or a tornado strike. Those situations are far beyond the envelope for cruising.

On the other hand, I do think that getting hit by an F8 or F9 is relatively likely if you're out cruising - and knowing how to control the boat in those conditions is what I'm personally most interested in from the multi sailors around here.

Controlling the boat in a tornado doesn't have much value or relevance to me in this kind of learning. So I don't really go around looking for those videos, etc. Anyway, I just thought you guys had already created a thread specifically for multi capsizes. But this ain't my thread so knock yourself out.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome