SailNet Community - View Single Post - Multihull Popularity and Interesting Designs
View Single Post
post #96 of Old 02-24-2018
mbianka

Re: Multihull Popularity and Interesting Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post

Are there any reasonably sized cats with a centerline master berth that you can approach from the side, like a human and not like a dog climbing into it's dog house? I know centerlines don't make good sea berths, but we all spend hundreds of times more nights at anchor than overnight at sea. My current is the first boat I didn't have to climb in from the end and it's a real game changer.
I don't "hate" Catamarans but, I have no desire to own one. I usually do at least two charters a year in the off season on them As it is my gals preference. So have been on twenty or more over the years.

The bunks are one of my biggest bugaboos about them. Every Cat we have been on requires a climb into the bunk. At first it may not seem so bad. May be fine if you are a twenty something but, it gets old (no pun intended) as you get older and have to answer natures call several times a night. I find myself at the end of a ten day charter looking forward to using a normal bed and appreciate the ease of getting in and out of the bunk on my own monohull. That's if you have no injuries like a pulled muscle which can make getting in and out of the bunk on the Cat extremely painful. We also have to make sure the layout of the bunk on our charter allows for each of us to worm out of it individually and not have to climb over each other. Which is not fun for either person.

Mike
Currently: Enjoying Summer's sailing season

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome