SailNet Community - View Single Post - Multihull Popularity and Interesting Designs
View Single Post
post #107 of Old 02-24-2018
Minnewaska

Re: Multihull Popularity and Interesting Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbianka View Post
.....Every Cat we have been on requires a climb into the bunk. At first it may not seem so bad. May be fine if you are a twenty something but, it gets old (no pun intended) as you get older and have to answer natures call several times a night. I find myself at the end of a ten day charter looking forward to using a normal bed and appreciate the ease of getting in and out of the bunk on my own monohull. That's if you have no injuries like a pulled muscle which can make getting in and out of the bunk on the Cat extremely painful. We also have to make sure the layout of the bunk on our charter allows for each of us to worm out of it individually and not have to climb over each other. Which is not fun for either person.
Interesting, thank you, another post above left me with a different impression.

I totally agree about berth access, as the joints start passing their freshness date. When we're aboard a bareboat or maybe a friend's boat, with a traditional dog house quarter berth, I have to give myself a pep talk. You've done this many times, you can do it again!

Unrelated to a cat, I once got a charlie horse in my hamstring, while I was stuffed into a quarter berth. The only way to relieve such a thing is to stretch the muscle, until the spasm stops. However, the overhead in the berth was maybe 3 ft and I could not lift my leg high enough. I couldn't shimmy out either. Left a mental scar.

I prefer a berth I can comfortably exit from the side, which is admittedly a luxury.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome