SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is Caliber Yachts still in business?
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 02-25-2018
Jeff_H
Administrator

Re: Is Caliber Yachts still in business?

I have not seen Calibers at the Annapolis Boat Show in quite a few years. The last time that I saw them at a show, I talked with someone who was with the factory and then a dealer. The factory person said that at that point in time they were only building one model, I think that they were calling it a 42 LRC which appeared to be a sugar scoop stretch version of the 40.

The boat we were on appeared to be used and the factory person mentioned revised details for any new boat that they built.

The dealer said that the factory had not built a new boat in a period of time, I don't recall how long.

I have no idea if they are still in business, but my best guess is that they are not.

I should note that I am somewhat of a fan of the original 40 LRC for someone looking for a heavier displacement cruiser. I have not been through one with a fine tooth comb like I have other brands, but I consider the LRCs to be a superior option to similar priced Island Packets.

I was on the LRC at the boat show with an acquaintance who had wanted an Island Packet, but after sailing a few times on the model he wanted to buy, did not like how it sailed. He bought a used LRC 40 and seemed pleased with his choice.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay

Last edited by Jeff_H; 02-25-2018 at 11:36 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff_H For This Useful Post:
Isaac (07-29-2019), TurAelin (02-26-2018)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome