SailNet Community - View Single Post - Multihull Popularity and Interesting Designs
View Single Post
post #184 of Old 02-25-2018
colemj

Re: Multihull Popularity and Interesting Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanderO View Post
Mark... Cats will not replace the mono in the colder high population areas as the boat of choice for RECREATIONAL USE.
Again, I don't see why that topic is even interesting or what point it is trying to make.

The original point was the rapidly increasing global popularity and sales of catamarans. Some immediately took this topic and fearfully denied it based on looking out their local window, or claiming it is because of unwashed charterers, or because they are only large families cruising.

I attempted to bring perspective is all. I never stated that catamarans will be the predominant boat type in New England - in fact, I specifically stated they would not be, and gave good reasons.

But for some reason, you and others keep telling me I claim the opposite, and see my postings as supporting this falsehood.

But the real issue is that I don't see why this topic of catamarans in New England is even interesting or what point it is trying to make. For example, the Caribbean and Med are full of superyachts, but they are rare as local boats in New England outside of seasonal cruising. Does this mean that superyachts are not popular or not a large segment of the boating economy? Does it say anything about their relative numbers among boats being built?

Mark

Dolphin 460 Catamaran "Reach"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Current boat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Previous boat

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome