SailNet Community - View Single Post - Balmar MC-614 H...questions
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 03-25-2018
colemj

Re: Balmar MC-614 H...questions

It's not a password protect - the instructions are just poorly written. And out-right wrong in places.

It is just a mode that must be intentionally entered by doing some vulcan death grip stuff with the magnet stick. Follow the instructions under "Advanced Programming".

Balmar programming sucks like no other example in any industry. I think they all learned to program in 4th grade on Commodore PET's - blindfolded and hopped up on pixie sticks - and never advanced an iota from there.

No kidding - I bought two MC-614's at the same time from the same place, and they came with manuals that gave completely different instructions and information in several sections. I called Balmar and read back to them the conflicting information - thinking that they could tell me which manual to believe - and I was told they were both wrong!

Unbelievable, yet we all still buy the crap.

Mark

Dolphin 460 Catamaran "Reach"
Manta 40 Catamaran "Reach" - For Sale!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome