Join Date: Oct 2014
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 5
Re: Getting current Current Maps
Currently all current stuff is total and utter balderdash. Except for the Gulf Stream... But that has a few MAJOR problems:
1) the bloody damn latitudes and longitudes are NEVER shown. That cute link you show is lovely but try transposing that to your plotter. Impossible!
2) The currents move! That stupid Gulf Stream maybe here today but gone tomorrow. Who does that?
3) Currents are easy... It's the eddies that PICKLE MY GRANDMOTHER!
4) the Gulf Stream is the only easy to define current... Usually they are just a waft. With eddies.
5) I don't think you can really be in the Gulf Stream for all that long in a small sailing boat. I have crossed it now about 6 times (?) and it's always a bit weird. In 2019 may/June I am going to go up the Gulf Stream from the Bahamas to New York. It's going to be interesting to see how it goes. The truck is to sit close to the western edge and duck out quick if the weather changes but in deep enough to not hit an eddie.
So ask again next year 😂😂😂😂
The Latitudes and Longitudes are shown if your "click" on a particular spot.