SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catamaran or Monohull- which is best?
View Single Post
post #17 of Old 05-15-2018
capta
Master Mariner

Re: Catamaran or Monohull- which is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 433050 View Post
I will hire experienced crew that work the boat with me when that time comes.
Have you considered that living with a few crew members on a boat as small as 60- feet may not be a very fun way to go sailing? Dealing with their personalities, individual needs and preferences and the fact you will never have any real privacy on your own boat, is not something most liveaboards would enjoy.
As a professional yacht crew for much of my career, with owners rarely being aboard for more than a few weeks, several times a year, I can assure you that as a full time liveaboard owner you are not going to easily find a crew you want to live with 24/7/365.
Down size your dreams to a boat you can manage alone or with one "friend"/ partner and I think you'll have a much more pleasant experience.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome