SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catamaran or Monohull- which is best?
View Single Post
post #20 of Old 05-15-2018
capta
Master Mariner

Re: Catamaran or Monohull- which is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanderO View Post
Hard to imagine what sort of "advice" the OP expects. Few have extensive experience with both cats and monos... And many have emotional attachment to the type of boat. And of course how does OP intend to use the boat? Live aboard distance cruising? Part time use from his home port? How many does he plan to have aboard? How many crew will be need to operate either boat.

I suggest OP sail several monos of the size he wants... and several cats and make his own decision.

Good luck!
From what I gather, the OP is a 67 year old woman with little or no actual sailing experience.
Any first time boat buyer looking @ a 60' cat for ocean cruising needs a pretty damn big bank roll and a good dose of reality check, IMO. But she seems to have the former if she's going to hire a full time crew. That's a cool quarter mil plus, right up front every year!
Anyway, it seems she's taken her ball and gone home 'cause "some really nasty hateful arrogant people" aren't saying what she wanted to hear.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome