SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catamaran or Monohull- which is best?
View Single Post
post #23 of Old 05-15-2018
smackdaddy
Banned

Re: Catamaran or Monohull- which is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
As usual, you and I don't see eye to eye on much.
But in this case you are spouting off about what you think and I am speaking from experience. 60' cat, 70' and 85'+ foot monos; not much difference when it comes to full time cruising vessels, with liveaboard owners and professional crews.
And I'm quite sure there are other professionals on here you also dismiss for one reason or another. Odd, to say the least.
I saw your post earlier. I didn't take it that she was wanting a crew to live aboard with her full time. As you quoted her, she said...

Quote:
I will hire experienced crew that work the boat with me when that time comes.
I took that to mean that when she moves from place to place she'll hire crew. In the mean time, she just wanted a spacious boat to live on. Sounded reasonable to me. Yet you said she needed a "reality check". But I think you two might have been talking different realities.

Anyway, I wasn't aware you had owned and bank-rolled large, fully-crewed yachts cap. I think you're one of the very few here. Maybe the only one. So I apologize for incorrectly assuming otherwise.

My point is that this was an "introduce yourself" thread. And the poster is now gone. That's too bad.

Last edited by smackdaddy; 05-15-2018 at 09:37 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome