SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catamaran or Monohull- which is best?
View Single Post
post #26 of Old 05-16-2018
eherlihy
Learning the HARD way...

Re: Catamaran or Monohull- which is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
My point is that this was an "introduce yourself" thread. And the poster is now gone. That's too bad.
I disagree.

I suspect that inane threads like this (new thread: What should I have for breakfast? ) are either trolls, looking for new arguments to start, or people that have neither the experience, the motivation to do cursory research, nor a clue about sailing. As I get older (and crankier) I find that I don't have the patience to deal with either trolls or dolts. Posting such drivel will get you onto my "Ignore List" pretty quickly, as it did with Lassiegirl.

[EDIT]Lest you think that I was too quick to cut Lassiegirl loose, let's take a look at her contributions to SailNet. Remember this is SailNet, the forum where we discuss things relative to Sailing:
9 posts to "Alright, I hope I don't get clobbered here" - an introduction thread, in which she seems to get off on the right foot.
10 posts to "Raw Vegans?" - in which she gets preachy about how her vegan diet is superior to "meat eaters" diet.
1 post to "Newcomer to Phuket (and Langkawi)" - she would like to visit that area.
9 posts to "God and sailing" - where she shows herself to be a complete lunatic.
4 posts to this thread.

I would have hated to have to spend any time with her, or worse, be stuck with her as a student.
[/EDIT]

I believe that SailNet will be a better forum with members that can post intelligent SAILING RELATED questions/comments/observations.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105/106/114/118 Instructor - Also certified in Marine Electrical Systems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by eherlihy; 05-16-2018 at 07:58 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome