SailNet Community - View Single Post - proof i am not a goddess
View Single Post
post #22 of Old 05-21-2018 Thread Starter
zeehag
snake charmer, cat herder

Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag
Re: proof i am not a goddess

in almost 70 years of living i have never ever never fallen in until the other day. i am like the cat--- embarrassed hahahahaha not , but close.. the idiocy of involuntary swimming is due to subconscious issues.. fear of falling in, and the assinine issues of not being ready for this inevitablity. we will ALL fall in at some time.
thankyou donna f and others for letting me know goddesses do fall into stuff... hahaha cannot call it water, as it is sooooo gawdawfully filthy. yes i washed all of me in industrial strength lavendar soap liquid, same a swhen i was bitten by that monkey in barra de navidad.. yup chacho bit me. i get all the fun, dont i..hahahahaha
chef2sail--i had one of those beautiful self-retrievers, aka ladders-- in a bag. apparently it was pretty enough to steal, as someone in my mooring field acquired one..from my boat, before i left san diego. ok. not sold in mexico., ok. grrr.
i DREAMED of this bit of equipment while i trod water seeking an exit. cussed out the thief as well. hahaha
my immediate fix is a long loop of line off my transom, into water. i think of it is a cat ladder hahahahaha as it is used for bubba to find way out of drink, even tho he never used it, even when he fell in. he panicked and hung on to the anchor chain and snubber bridle. with that loop and a huge fail fender, could work.
i tore my paw trying to get a grip on dock... not a good thing with e coli and staph and strep of antibiotic resistent types in marina waters... rip rap can cause a bit of damages to skin thus allowing entry. and donot forget the eyes. entry of microbes via eyes is a reality.
i donot fear water or swimming, i do respect the microbes in the water and donot wish a personal relationship with em.
the tire on slip finger is a great idea. there are plenty of tires and i have an old holed fender i can use as well. easy peasy. patriciacane popped it but can still live on in dock fender fashion. as i progress with ladder i plan on using the old welded stainless tubing ladderette as a dock retrieval system, use it where i am docked, as it is long enough only for that use.
thankfully our docks float with tide and swells. those stationary docks are strange and difficult to manage. when in fla, i negotiated those with trepidation. had to step off bow to gain access to land and provisioning. but i was younger and more agile.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome