SailNet Community - View Single Post - New owner of a Parker Dawson 26 Ketch
View Single Post
post #86 of Old 05-24-2018 Thread Starter
Aswayze

Re: New owner of a Parker Dawson 26 Ketch

Do it, of course!

Yes, the Parker Dawson's scabbards are a little built up compared to the Midships. Need to get a picture of the scabbard on Prodigal from Roger, his boat seems to be the turning point for some of the transition from Midships to Parker Dawson.

We'll have to get some notes from Daniel on Yeraz's scabbard as well since it looks still different again.

I am just about to get East Wind in the water, hopefully this weekend. It is starting to get hot and crappy out here and it is a lot more enjoyable to work on the boat bobbing around at the mooring ball that sitting in the middle of a gravel parking lot.

A few pics of recent jobs:

Who needs a milling machine! (I do) Using the lathe and a big two flute 1 3/8 end mill to mill out a slot for the adapter plate for my masthead wind indicator

Newly built plate locked into place and fastened down nice and tight.

Wind indicator installed.

Got the Schaefer furler apart and replacing the bearings.

Got the new Icom installed and on the network. (Now hopefully I will get AIS on the plotter)

The original stuffing box was a 1 1/4 using a adaptor hose to the 1 1/2 shaft log. I was not wild about that, and once I switched to a new 1 1/2 stuffing box I needed a bit more clearance around the shaft log. I made up a spud on the lathe and adapted a hole saw to it so I could keep it straight and skim out a little bit more space.

Quick buff and wax

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome