SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best sailing music
View Single Post
post #15 of Old 06-19-2018
travlin-easy

Re: Best sailing music

The weather here in Maryland, today, has been downright nasty. Temperature is near 93 degrees f, humidity 71 percent, with a heat index of about 104 degrees f. Added to that is a code red air pollution alert, which means old farts, young children and individuals with lung conditions should stay indoors in air conditioned comfort, which I did because I fit in two of the three categories.

As the day progressed, I began to get bored and decided to sit down at my trusty Yamaha Keyboard and try to do an Eric Clapton song, Hoochie Coochie Man, which was featured in the movie Road House. It took a while to find a suitable style, and because of my nasty lung condition, I had to crank up the gain a bit on the mic, but it sounded OK so I decided to record it using the onboard recorder as a one shot deal.

The next time my son comes for a visit, I'll ask him to bring his guitar and we'll get some fantastic guitar licks in as well.

I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed recording this song, Hoochie Coochie Man

Gary

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome