SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2018 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake
View Single Post
post #660 of Old 06-26-2018
kaisersling

Dock
Re: 2018 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

I am starting to plan my first trip to the Chesapeake for early to mid September. . We are hauling my 1975 Helsen 22', shoal keel centerboard trailersailer down from NJ. It drafts 14" with the board up and 4'6" with it down. I imagine there aren't too many places I can't get into on the bay. We are only going for 3 or 4 days and will probably concentrate on the upper east coast (near rock hall or Bohemia). We will most likely do transient slips, as our amenities on the boat are scant... though we may do a night on the hook. Not sure yet if we will base ourselves in one marina and do day trips or if we will port hop. This will be our first real trip in the boat, so i think we will keep the legs of our trip short and in the day time. I plan on buying the Waterway guide or the Gunkholer's guide and scouring this site. Not sure why I am posting this other than to get the planning ball rolling and to make it more real to myself. I have been to Rock Hall before and loved it, so looking forward to getting back down there on a boat instead of an RV this time. I was also contemplating concentrating a bit further south, nearer to the Miles river. Feel free to leave suggestions about these particular areas of the bay (restaurants/marinas/must dos). Thanks, Jason

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome