SailNet Community - View Single Post - Running Aground on Johnsonís Reef, St. Johnís, USVI
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 06-26-2018
capta
Master Mariner

Re: Running Aground on Johnsonís Reef, St. Johnís, USVI

Unfortunately, it is the owner who is going to have to pay for this captain's mistake. I believe the fines for hitting a reef in a national park are considerable.
I'd be really interested where you got this "captain". I'd also see that the USCG drug tested him ASAP!
Sadly, St. Thomas is infested with the rum sotted losers who would be unemployable anywhere else in America. All too often a personable individual shows up to fix or drive your boat and leaves it in much worse shape than when he arrived. It is the curse of the USVI.
I feel for you and the boat owner. I wish you all well and that one day you can do the trip you intended to do without the mishaps.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
ďBelieve me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.Ē ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone
The Following User Says Thank You to capta For This Useful Post:
SVEM (06-26-2018)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome