SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2018 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake
View Single Post
post #680 of Old 06-28-2018 Thread Starter
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 2018 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

Bugs you say....
You are about to run the gauntlet of green head flies.....the state bird of NJ.
They live in the marshes on either side of the Delaware River and descend upon unsuspecting unprepared boaters.
Unlike most flies that bit you have to kill these .....they take a pound of flesh so make sure you have multiple flyswatters for you both
If you have Avon Skin So Soft that helps also.

One year my wife and I each had over 300 in the cockpit when we arrived in Cape May.

I know you guys anchor out. The Coast Guard bass or Lewes are the obvious spots. If a marina stay at Utches. Cheap family owned.
Cape May is one of my favorite stops and places. Tons of old Victorian Homes.....great restaurants.....fresh seafood market at the Lobster House from catches right off the boats. Don’t eat there though ....tourist trap.

How tall is your mast?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome