SailNet Community - View Single Post - Important Things (You Know Now), To Look For When Buying A Used Sailboat?
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 07-04-2018
capta
Master Mariner

Re: Important Things (You Know Now), To Look For When Buying A Used Sailboat?

Pretty much the biggest thing I didn't see coming on this boat was the lack of ventilation in the aft end of our aft cabin. There is no place for the air to pass through the cabin, even though there are 4 opening portholes, a large hatch, and a dorade box, the after most is at the foot of the bed. Aft of that toward the headboard, nothing. However, we will be addressing this problem this summer.
If you are even thinking about taking a boat to the tropics, think seriously about the ventilation below decks. Some of the most beautiful and well-built boats on the planet come from northern Europe, and they are the most horrible boats to sail to the tropics because they are from very cold climates and have very poor ventilation below.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone

Last edited by capta; 07-04-2018 at 10:23 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome