SailNet Community - View Single Post - Nervous Annapolis to Stuart Florida in new boat
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 07-05-2018
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Nervous Annapolis to Stuart Florida in new boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Pulice View Post
So not really sure what questions I may have, but’s here’s my plan. Purchasing a new to me used 46 ft Beneteau in Annapolis MD and sailing/motoring down the Eastern seaboard to its new home in Stuart Florida. This will take place in early to mid August. Anyone have any recommendations on routes heading South or can educate me at all on anything related to this passage. My sailing experience is pretty limited, only owning a 26ft sailboat for the last 3 years, but I’ve been boating for about 25 yrs. I’ve never done an offshore passage. But have bareboat chartered a 37 footer in the BVI. My father, who is a power boater but not a sailer, will be accompanying me. I’m currently attempting to find at least one other to crew with us. My dad and I are both physically fit, and handy with most things mechanical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice boat ..Congrats

Get a delivery Captain as you need experience.
Also do you realize you are doing this in the middle of hurricane season.

Personally I would keep the boat in AAnnapolis and shake it down and get some experience on her , test out all the systems and hold off till October.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 07-05-2018 at 11:29 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome