SailNet Community - View Single Post - Important Things (You Know Now), To Look For When Buying A Used Sailboat?
View Single Post
post #27 of Old 07-09-2018
SanderO

Re: Important Things (You Know Now), To Look For When Buying A Used Sailboat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstern View Post
I think the OP asked a good question, and I think the answers given here in this thread have been quite helpful and on point. This is his doing his "homework". As you have pointed out, no one knows everything, and sites like this provide a forum for the exchange of knowledge and experience. The OP wasn't asking "tell me what I should be looking for in a boat"; he was asking "tell me what you missed when you were picking your boat". Not everyone's experience will be germane to his own boat search, but it may be helpful to someone else's. At the very least, they are all good reading.
I bought a new ready to sail boat in '85 and have added and modified and so forth probably to the tune of half what I paid new. Every decision will involve compromises. I would prefer a stand up aft cabin so making the bed is easy peasy and one person is not disturbed when the other needs to get up. But that would mean a larger boat for some minor inconvenience. All things being equal I would have chose the stand up aft cabin. But they are not equal.

This is I suppose kinda homework.

pay attention... someone's life depends on it

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome