SailNet Community - View Single Post - Important Things (You Know Now), To Look For When Buying A Used Sailboat?
View Single Post
post #31 of Old 07-10-2018
SanderO

Re: Important Things (You Know Now), To Look For When Buying A Used Sailboat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Paradise View Post
Sandero - its not worth it to try and help an idiot like this.

Dispatch - get a clue. If you want to learn from these guys, you need to cut the crap and listen. Some old sailors are rough and direct - don't take offense and open your small mind. You badge an gun mean NOTHING here kid. You can't arrest the waves or shoot the wind, and 99.999% of the time any of us would rather have a real cruiser with many thousands of sea miles like SanderO on board than some Florida cop with an attitude.I can list maybe 6-8 posters at SN who have the knowledge that makes it worth coming here to read. They are why we come here. Do us a favor and don't piss any of them off!
Not pissed off... It's always the noobs who come on gang busters with their questions almost expecting to be spoon fed. It's the ... what boat I need to sail away and pursue my dream??? What do I want in my next boat??? Quite different than asking for comparison of two boats? Or types of rigs or sails, and so on.

But one has to expect a mix of experience on a site like this... and people are here to share their experience.

pay attention... someone's life depends on it

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome