SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2018 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake
View Single Post
post #773 of Old 07-17-2018 Thread Starter
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 2018 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlin-easy View Post
I had a breathalyzer in the car and ever got close to .08, which is the bad number. Keep in mind that I was a state trooper for a year, and I got to see drunks on the road on a regular basis. If I were close to .08 I would have called someone to drive me home, Dave. Give me a break.

Gary
Driving impaired and under the influence doesn’t require a .08. As a former state trooper, you should know that. Having any drink dulls you reaction time , period. Any quibbling about that is just a justification and rationalization.

Your sanctimonious emphasized with caps comment about “NEVER” not turning the VHF off brought this up and I felt aimed at me as it followed a group of comments when I posted I turned mine off.

My point is Just pointing out that there are no perfect people. Criticizing others opens you up to being criticized yourself . When you stand In judgement of others you should be ok with being judged yourself.

Driving a car after drinking any booze doesn’t even compare with not having a VHF turned on.

I am fully aware that the fact that Shaun had his on save quite a few lives a few years back. Thank god he had.

I would rather not listen to the idiots on the weekend talking smack. I have enough of that all week. My boat is my sanctuary from that.

Let’s let this go

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome