SailNet Community - View Single Post - beathing apparatus for or bottom maintenaince
View Single Post
post #25 of Old 07-31-2018
colemj

Re: beathing apparatus for or bottom maintenaince

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
Our Sea Breathe unit can go as far from the main boat as the gas tank of the Zodiac will carry it. I guess you aren't familiar with the concept of alligator clips and a battery.
As for reputable, I mean those that are recognized in the industry as conforming to a certain standard. That standard includes standard hoses of around 30', not 50' or 75'. As I said, there is a very, very good reason why the hookah rigs sold by reputable companies are generally sold with hoses that do not exceed 30'.
That is what I thought - you are confusing diving depth with hose length. First, Sea Breathe actually offer a 60' hose option on their units, so your argument is dead there. Second, it appears you do not consider Brownie, Air Line, HookaMax, and other well-established brands as "reputable" just because they offer (or come standard) with hoses longer than 30'.

Again, 30' might be a recommended depth, but it is in no way a limit for usable length, nor are longer lengths a danger to anyone.

A small battery will provide 1-1.5hrs on these hookas. Perhaps this is enough for a remote dive for some who can't snorkel shallow water and do not want to dive deeper water, but most electric ones are being used for boat work and stuff closer to the mother ship.

Mark

Manta 40 Catamaran "Reach"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome