SailNet Community - View Single Post - beathing apparatus for or bottom maintenaince
View Single Post
post #28 of Old 07-31-2018
capta
Master Mariner

Re: beathing apparatus for or bottom maintenaince

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
Sea Breathe actually offer a 60' hose option on their units, so your argument is dead there.

A small battery will provide 1-1.5hrs on these hookas. Perhaps this is enough for a remote dive for some who can't snorkel shallow water and do not want to dive deeper water, but most electric ones are being used for boat work and stuff closer to the mother ship.

Mark
Oh for crying out loud. Several times I specifically said "come standard with" 30' foot hoses. and the horizontal versus vertical thing was also addressed, but if you want to continue to beat a dead horse, then have at it.
Our unit uses 12 to 15 amps, which is slightly more than 1.5 hours on a 125 cca battery, but honestly, who is going to spend more than a couple of hours in the water snorkeling or cleaning a boat bottom at a time? Most of us get tired and/or cold (even in the tropics) after a while, even with a wetsuit. Few contributors on this forum are spring chickens, and even my wife, who is considerably younger than most on here, gets cold after a couple of hours in the water.
But, if memory serves, you are a tank diver and don't even have a hookah rig, so what's your point? Have you even used one?

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome