SailNet Community - View Single Post - What makes a Moody a good bluewater boat?
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 08-01-2018
Jeff_H
Administrator

Re: What makes a Moody a good bluewater boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
Would this be generally true of all Moodys or particular to the 34? I was under the impression they were considered pretty well-built boats and they sure aren't at the bottom of the price range for the larger boats.
I can't really answer that. I had some experience with the smaller 1970's Angus Primrose designed Moody's. They had a strange design, but seemed to be simply and decently constructed. I had an extremely brief exposure to a Moody 54 from around 2001, and thought from what I could see that boat seemed to be a nicely detailed boat in a lot of ways, but I did not get into the back corners to see how that boat was actually built.

But I have become friends with a couple with an early 1980's Moody 34 and have been advising them on that boat. I see my comments as specific to that that model and vintage.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome