SailNet Community - View Single Post - beathing apparatus for or bottom maintenaince
View Single Post
post #38 of Old 08-01-2018
colemj

Re: beathing apparatus for or bottom maintenaince

I agree that if one isn't going to free-dive the boat for bottom cleaning, then a hookah is better than a tank. Get a long hose - it will make the job so much easier and less frustrating.

If one does use a tank, I don't see any need for a BC, compass, etc for bottom cleaning (if you need a compass, then you can afford to pay someone else to clean your bottom).

If one already has the tanks and compressor, then tanks are better than adding a hookah to the mix.

Renting a tank doesn't make much sense to me because one isn't sure when the bottom needs cleaning, and may not be in an area that rents tanks when the bottom does need cleaning. Depending on tank rental prices, one might be 50% into just hiring a guy to clean the bottom.

Mark

Dolphin 460 Catamaran "Reach"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Current boat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Previous boat

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome