SailNet Community - View Single Post - DIY Fuel Polishing?
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 08-24-2018
deniseO30
One of None

Re: DIY Fuel Polishing?

Well if you really want to do it you can! It's nasty smelly and a few other things.

The easy part is making a pump and recirculating setup with really large easily changed High Resistance or high Micron filters.

I would use a a positive displacement pump, it looks like two gears,. it doesn't have to be like a high pressure pressure washer pump, that would be Overkill.
You can recirculate and filter the fuel to your heart's content!

But the job will never really be done if you can't scrub or wash the insides of the tanks to remove all the bio growth and residue.

there are access plates that are easily cut into metal tanks if you don't already have them installed.

You can also make up a nozzle on your high pressure pump so you can use the fuel itself to wash the tank on the inside. Again this does not have to be with a pressure washer type pump. Think garden hose type pressure 50- 80psi

I would check with ww. W grainger. Com all kinds of motors and pumps are available.

"Next best thing to not having a boat? The knowledge from having one!" Denise, Bristol PA, On Tidal Delaware River, Anchor Yacht Club.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My last project!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome