SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2018 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake
View Single Post
post #932 of Old 08-30-2018 Thread Starter
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 2018 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

Quote:
Originally Posted by punahougirl84 View Post
Hot today but there was breeze so yes, we raced. It was a good night. With only three of us I had my husband on the helm while I split trimming with a newish crew member. Boy I need a shower.

Thanks for the head's up on the paint. I wonder if shipping costs negate the savings? I will check on that.

Getting a short haul tomorrow. There is stuff the diver couldn't get to, and we didn't haul last winter so we need to check out the boat and figure out what we need to do this winter. And where we will do it.

The plan is to cruise with others from MYC this weekend. The destination is Clements Creek and maybe Round Bay. Both new for us. Husband got a cord so he can run his CPAP. I never did figure out our inverter situation. Other things came first.

Ok, I really need that shower LOL!

We use the Severn a lot for a short trip....less than an hour to Clements for us . Clements has free Navy moorings if you get there early. Very protected. Further up is Brewers a nice creek and off Round Bay, Maydanier Creek..nice too. Anchoring in Round Bay exposes you to many wakes as no 6 knot restrictions.
Our favorite of Round Bay is Hopkins Creek

I bought a battery for our CPAP which is rechargeable. Those machines use plenty of battery power if using your bank. Especially with humidifier on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome