SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dog that went overboard 3 miles out to sea found alive on beach
View Single Post
post #58 of Old 08-30-2018 Thread Starter
svHyLyte
Old as Dirt!

Re: Dog that went overboard 3 miles out to sea found alive on beach

Good Gravy!!! This crap is still going on?

Rezz--At this juncture it might be wise to lock this thread as some of these bozo's can "fathom" the idea that my original post had absolutely nothing to do with religion--of which I am neither an advocate nor antagonist--and everything to do with sharing my enjoyment of the happiness one man had at recovering his DOB ("Dog Overboard") and seeing the event as a useful reminder of the wisdom of tethering one's crew-pets as well as crew-men/women for the sake of their safety.

FWIW I am most assuredly not a "stealth" protagonist of religion--the idea of which would crack up my (much) better half considering that I have always been viewed as a "rather grumpy" empiricist rather than rationalist--although I have noted that, reportedly, if one holds hobgoblins, witches and vampires up to a mirror one sees no reflection; whereas, if one holds [a] DOG up to a mirror, what does one see?

N'any case, with that, I think it wise for me to say "Adios Amigo"--Oop's, scratch that, I meant , "Goodbye" to this thread. (IOW, "The OP giveth, the OP taketh away--the OP is an Indian Giver"--a humorously intended sentiment which will, undoubtedly, engender paroxysms with the hyperbolic proponents of those of the native American/or perhaps Indian sub-continent, persuasion.

FWIW, "Here Homer Nods"

"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
The Following User Says Thank You to svHyLyte For This Useful Post:
eherlihy (08-30-2018)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome