SailNet Community - View Single Post - Marina destruction
View Single Post
post #60 of Old 09-16-2018 Thread Starter
capta
Master Mariner

Re: Marina destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschmidty View Post
@capta Your insistence on calling it New Boring is pretty childish; like you learned a new insult and just can't wait to use it as often as you can. Good for you.
If you had spent a whole BORING summer in a place where the closest supermarket was a $12.00 cab ride (each way) from the marina, as was the cinema and malls, with no public transport available and the only thing open after 6 PM was the hotel/marina bar, I'm sure you would consider the place way boring, too.
Services for boats and repairs were non-existent, further frustrating and complicating my stay.
Few to no residents, restaurants or any other entertainment in the area close enough to the marina to walk to didn't help any.
Maybe it has changed, but it wasn't an interesting enough place to have bothered to go to back then for any reason I could see, so I doubt it will entice me back to change my mind, now.
It will forever be etched in my mind as one of the worst places on this planet I've wasted 6 months of my life in. So, New Boring it is, and shall forever be!
And gee whiz, I am so sorry you don't like my impression of the place.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome