SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2018 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake
View Single Post
post #1003 of Old 09-21-2018 Thread Starter
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 2018 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

[

QUOTE=TakeFive;2051554202]Now I'm confused. You said not too much debris yesterday, and now lots of logs. What is the current state? I'm trying to decide where to head on Saturday, and will be cutting it close on getting in before dark, so logs are a show stopper. I know there are never guarantees, but I'm looking for any local info I can.[/QUOTE]

Rick remenber his marina is virtually on the Susquehanna a couple miles from the dam. I wouldnt head north of Rock Hall .just in case Gary rolled a couple of logs downstream at us😀😀😀🌪🌪🌪😈😈😈😈

Last weekend we passed you and also sailed all around the Severn and never saw anything except a little bit of coffee colored water above the Bay Bridge. Below it was beautiful as was the Chester.

I doubt you see anything.

Tis the season the cruisers from the north are passing through also. Starts usually Labor Day....peaks during the boat show...lots of Canadian flags in the anchorages. Hopefully they have a great time here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome