SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crazy first time out on my sailboat today
View Single Post
post #14 of Old 11-03-2018
jephotog

Re: Crazy first time out on my sailboat today

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePNJ View Post
Here are some photos of the centerboard and bilge area and hoses that contain the line to raise and lower the centerboard. I'm going to replace them and seal the hose. Also looking to see if the fiberglass areas around the centerboard could be an issue a wouldn't know until I replace the other hoses and test it wet again.
When you replace the hoses put two clamps on each connection. The clamps should be opposite facing of each other. The fact this is not done shows some shortcuts in previous maintenance. Replacing them might solve the leaks or you might find the issue when crawling through your boat.

Another note, when I take out any kids I insist the parents bring a PFD for the child and the child wears it while on the water. It is just me playing it safe. I don't think I would ever take a baby out sailing because as you have seen things can happen and it would be hard to keep a babies head above water if something does.

Jordan
West Wight Potter 14 "Lemon Drop"
Oceanside CA
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome