SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crazy first time out on my sailboat today
View Single Post
post #19 of Old 11-03-2018
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Crazy first time out on my sailboat today

Ok you don’t get it.....as evidenced by making excuses for what you did.
You did something very unsafe.

The CAPTAIN is the one who is responsible. Period
Your decisions MUST always be made with safety in mind first. You failed to do that and were pressured by another person to take guests on an unproven to you boat you had never previously tested. You should have said no.

So what is was a lake .
so what it was calm.
So what it was good weather

You took out an untested boat you don’t know well with passengers and endangered everyone. Had someone gotten hurt or injured in this escapade who do you think would be held liable?
YOU WOULD

Thankfully nothing really happened. You get a second chance. If you don’t correct this poor judgement decision starting by owning it , you will repeat. The water is not forgiving, not prejudiced and should be respected. If not your life....than others.

Sorry to be so blunt....b

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome