SailNet Community - View Single Post - Oldest person to solo circumnavigate sailing, my grandpa! 94 yo WWII Vet
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 11-07-2018 Thread Starter
Morgan Grace Giddings

Question Oldest person to solo circumnavigate sailing, my grandpa! 94 yo WWII Vet

Oldest person to solo sail around the world- AKA my 94 year WWII Vet GRANDPA! Help me, help him!
"The Adventurer" book-
My grandpa (WWII vet), oldest person to sail around the world, did so by playing the clarinet. He is a CHARACTER. He wrote a book, and wants to sell it. As he is 94 years old, I am trying to help him. He calls me each day and is so fun to talk to, he still plays for gigs around Sacramento where he lives. Does anyone have ideas of how I can get sailors interested in buying his book? It's for sale on amazon kindle as his story is incredible. It is raw, full of real stories. He is shown in many videos on the facebook link to give the history of his adventures. As his granddaughter I remember going to HAM operator volunteer houses to talk to him- over and out grandpa. Took him four attempts to complete! I would love to get his book sold to interested sailors who really appreciate his story so he can feel his story is still relevant, interesting and that he made a difference.

I can't post link to book- it is:
The Adventurer: The Epic Autobiography of World Record Holder David Clark...The Oldest Solo Sailor to Circumnavigate the Globe

The videos and facebook page are facebook dot com/theadventurerbook/

I also want to promote this for Veterans Day coming up. Thank you for your help and ideas!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome