SailNet Community - View Single Post - If you had a rich friend offer to buy your AC?
View Single Post
post #13 of Old 11-21-2018
eherlihy
Learning the HARD way...

Re: If you had a rich friend offer to buy your AC?

To put this in context, this is (presumably) for the boat that Keith recently announced that he "finally" bought; a Wauquiez 38 Hood MK II.

My answer to the question is; if you are going to buy AC/heat then buy whatever AC/heat it is that you want to buy regardless of where the money comes from.

Speaking personally; I would NOT buy A/C/heat for my 35-foot boat, as I believe that it would chew up too much valuable storage space for the unit and associated ducting. In your circumstance, I would either charter a boat with your friend ($2500 should pay half of a week's charter), or I would buy another (likely newer) boat that was designed with space for AC/heat and associated ductwork.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105/106/114/118 Instructor - Also certified in Marine Electrical Systems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome