SailNet Community - View Single Post - Xantrex Link 2000 acceptance voltage?
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 11-23-2018 Thread Starter
Bleemus

Re: Xantrex Link 2000 acceptance voltage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Yes of course sorry.

Using that mains early with that setting, then turning it off would be fine if no loads.

If loads then carry with the solar?

TBH I doubt a too-high Float V would cause any significant problem, unless left stored day after day without loads.

Obviously ideal would be replacing, but not at all urgent.
Thanks for confirming. Been on the boat only a few days and I flip on mains in the morning till it gets to 14.4 default and shuts down then hope the solar catches up to true 14.8. Since the fridge draws two amps and the two 100 watt panels already on the boat are barely getting me to float on a partly cloudy day I look forward to installing two much larger panels with the two Victron controllers I have already purchased. Plus wind generator.

Now to decide if I take the two Trojan T105s being called start batteries and combine them with the other 4 for a much larger house bank and get one starter battery charged off of an ACR. All the Trojans are brand new two weeks ago and were only undercharged for about ten days. Time to break out the tape measure and see where I can move them all. Lots of head scratching to come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Keth

Boat Vinyl Lettering and Graphics

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome