SailNet Community - View Single Post - What is your favourite sailing song.
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 12-07-2018
Minnewaska

Re: What is your favourite sailing song.

Arcb, how do you define your favorite sailing song? Favorite to play while sailing? Favorite song about sailing?

I started this thread many years ago and it became one of the most fun things I have on the boat. You'll see from the OP the rules were to identify a song that contained a reference to sailing or sailors. Not beaches, wind, tropics, water, or boats in general, it had to be sailing.

I've long since made a mix of about two to three dozen songs, which I downloaded from iTunes. It's a crazy mix of old, new, country, rock, pop, swing, etc. We play it aboard, especially for newer guests. Virtually all the songs we chose are recognizalble (some in the thread aren't) but the newly exposed never really listened to the lyrics realize the reference. The mix amazingly works together. To this day, I hear one on the radio and add it about once per year. My latest add was "Waiting on You" by Lindsay Ell, which contains the line ".....like a sailboat wishing for the wind to blow....."

https://www.sailnet.com/forums/gener...fic-songs.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnewaska For This Useful Post:
Arcb (12-07-2018)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome