SailNet Community - View Single Post - Electric Conversion log for Kahleesea
View Single Post
post #72 of Old 01-08-2019
mbianka

Re: Electric Conversion log for Kahleesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatsurgeon View Post
You guys are scaring me.

The current through all batteries in series is identical.

The only possible way to wire a series bank is with the positive lead on the most positive end and the negative lead on the most negative end.
Of course that's the way it is wired. My issue was with battery that was connected to the positive lead I'm able to monitor the voltage of each individual battery in the string at the helm. The one most positive in the string which is connected to the positive lead to the controller. It started dropping fast as I drew more current while the other three batteries showed pretty much the same voltage. The most positive battery quickly dropped to 12+ down to 11.8 and beyond. I had to start the generator and electro sail because of it instead of operating on battery alone. I think it might have some internal damage that shows up when higher amps are drawn from the battery bank.

Mike
Currently: Heading to warm waters over the winter on a variety of boats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome