SailNet Community - View Single Post - How to make GREAT Videos!
View Single Post
post #82 of Old 01-25-2019
mbianka

Re: How to make GREAT Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcb View Post
Right,

So, I retitle vids like you describe, but I give a simple alphanumeric prefix to help organise, but I also like to keep things in chronological order.

I am in Cuba right now, doing a few different things; kayaking, beach cat sailing and hopefully getting a kite surfing lesson.

So, I prefix my vids. Kayaking will start with something like "K1A Renting a Sea Kayak". So, vid 2 might be "S1A ripping down the beach on a hobie getaway" Vid 3 might be "KS1A Kite surfing wipe out".

This, for me, categorises by sport, and chronoligical order, while still giving unique titles to clips.
I did something similar on my Dry Tortugas charter in 2017. I prefixed the clips with "DT" so they would be in one section of the card. I also plan to do a backup of my video shots maybe in the cloud but certainly at least on an external hard drive too. But, there they will be under a specific file name like "Maldives 2019", "Dry Tortugas 2017" etc... Though staying organized is a constant struggle for me and not only with video clips.

Mike
Currently: Hunkering down for a bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome