SailNet Community - View Single Post - How to make GREAT Videos!
View Single Post
post #84 of Old 01-26-2019
mbianka

Re: How to make GREAT Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyfromthenorth View Post
Who edits video on a Windows PC and what are you using? For the life of me I can't find good software. The gopro one SUCKS and Adobe Premiere is now only available to "rent" by the month which does me no good if I make 1 video a year. I'm actually about to consider buying a Mac literally just for the iMovie access. Currently we edit all videos at a friends house, which makes video editing a pain since we have to schedule it.
I use to edit on a PC using an excellent program called Trak Ax PC that I first downloaded for a free trial. Liked it so much I paid for the non trial version that only cost $25 bucks. Great program then the company just disappeared after they got listed on the stock exchange. WTF? Point became moot after Microsoft and Google both stopped supporting my VISTA computer. I'd finally had enough of updating to yet and round of Windows software and new PC.

For the past several years I've been doing everything I need on Chromebooks including video editing. Chromebook opens up in seconds and updates automatically. Plus they are cheap. Battery charge also lasts a long time and it's super light. Plus it's not an Apple product! Only downside is you need to be connected to WiFi to use a lot of features and programs including editing. Have not found that to be a problem while coastal cruising. Just turn my phone into a WIFI hotspot. Here is a video I edited on one of my Chromebooks. Made all the graphics using Google Draw which comes with the Chromebook. I made the video to remind me and others not to jump and take apart systems that suddenly stop working without thinking about it first. Welcome comments on it:

Mike
Currently: Hunkering down for a bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mbianka; 01-26-2019 at 08:50 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome