SailNet Community - View Single Post - Unlawful boating tickets, government extortion!!!
View Single Post
post #26 of Old 01-30-2019
SeaStar58

Re: Unlawful boating tickets, government extortion!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpoker View Post
Anchor off Ballard park on occasion on the snowbird route, Last time in May 2018. Not a lot of room but have not seen any sunken boats in that anchorage since my first stop there in about 96'. I have been slightly harassed in the Melbourne area a few times while anchored. Never stayed more than one night. Not at all a welcoming area for cruisers.
Satellite view appears to show a number of submerged boats West of the park inside the inlet so either they are very proactive about cleaning them up or you've been very fortunate to not have run into them. Check out the Google Maps Satellite view at the link I provided so you can see what I was describing.

No it does not look like a great destination or stopping point for a cruiser unless you make a reservation at one of the marinas. I have not been involved there since they dismantled the Space Shuttle program when I was working on that project with Embry-Riddle, NASA and BAE. Yes I have worn a lot of different hats over the years.

Last edited by SeaStar58; 01-30-2019 at 01:07 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome