SailNet Community - View Single Post - Unlawful boating tickets, government extortion!!!
View Single Post
post #27 of Old 01-30-2019
boatpoker
Dirt Free

Re: Unlawful boating tickets, government extortion!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaStar58 View Post
Satellite view appears to show a number of submerged boats West of the park inside the inlet so either they are very proactive about cleaning them up or you've been very fortunate to not have run into them. Check out the Google Maps Satellite view at the link I provided so you can see what I was describing.

No it does not look like a great destination or stopping point for a cruiser unless you make a reservation at one of the marinas. I have not been involved there since they dismantled the Space Shuttle program when I was working on that project with Embry-Riddle, NASA and BAE. Yes I have worn a lot of different hats over the years.
I went to Google Maps and see only three boats at anchor and all appear to be floating, this is typical of what I have seen since 96'. It is a nice anchorage but both sides of the Indian River (Ballard Park & Dragon Point) in that area are well known among snowbirders for mild harrassment by watercops and making it difficult to get ashore even for a stroll. It is made quite clear that we are not welcome.

We usually anchor around the yellow "X"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ballard Park.jpg (261.0 KB, 38 views)

The hysterical laughter you hear as you drive a way in your"new" boat ..... is the seller.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome