Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
Rep Power: 8
Re: Fried Shore Power
That kind of overheating is usually caused by loose or corroded connections, corroded plug prongs etc. If you look at your shore power cord you will probably see signs of overheating where the prongs enter the plastic plug.
The breaker isnt necessarily going to trip unless the amp draw exceeds the rating of the breaker, or the wire shorts to ground. Overheating can happen without drawing excessive current.
Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
2011 Jeanneau 39i Azura