View Single Post
post #4 of Old 02-12-2019
jblumhorst
Sailnet Vendor

Dock
Re: Tides Marine mast track

Quote:
Originally Posted by skills4lou View Post
I've been pricing out a replacement mast for my San Juan 21. The existing mast broke, and a previous owner spliced it back together. The problem is the track on the luff side (hope I used the correct term!) has some damage and as a result the slugs on the main come right out when I raise it to that position. While searching I found a link to the mast track system. I'm wondering if this might be an acceptable solution to the problem?
I live in Montana, this boat will be used on local lakes only. The first quote I have received back is $1900 plus shipping. That's $1700 more than I paid for the boat. More importantly, I have to convince the wife that money spent on "that old heap" will be worth it in the end. She would rather have a motor boat.
So considering the use and budget, am I being reasonable in thinking the mast track will be a good solution?
Thanks!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

If you do decide to install a TidesTrack, it should cost around $750, not 1900.

tides track runs $26 - 28 per foot of luff. That’s around $650for a SanJuan 21. That includes the track and the slides for your sail. Plus about $100 shipping in the USA.

You can install the track yourself, and probably swap in the slides as well. Tides track is pretty diy friendly.

Judy B
San Francisco Bay and Delta
F24 Trimaran

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome