SailNet Community - View Single Post - Niagara 35 too slow? - and - surveys of cored hulls
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 02-12-2019 Thread Starter
bajaking

Re: Niagara 35 too slow? - and - surveys of cored hulls

Thanks, George, I was afraid you (or someone else smart) would say that. I'm secretly hoping someone chimes in with evidence of some ocean racing accomplishment and 150mi/day passages to set me alight. Fingers not crossed. The yachty sheerline, bulwarks, workshop, storage, layout, and general suitability for future cruising plans can't be ignored, though.

The Niagara aside, a Cat 34 Mk 1.5 or early Mk 2 is still top of the wish list for my next boat since, indeed, I am on SF Bay where they seem like a great all around choice for the area. Which is also why, paulk, I haven't looked at a C&C 35. Not many C&Cs here, though occasionally one pops up. No 35s that I can recall. Without doing a long delivery from So Cal or PNW or $$ shipping across country, I'm limited to what's on the local Bay market, as opposed to the endless options east coast people have.

I used to want an Islander 36, and wish I still did for so many practical reasons, but just not feeling them anymore. Ditto the old Catalina 38s.

Last edited by bajaking; 02-12-2019 at 08:23 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome