SailNet Community - View Single Post - Benataeu grid construction
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 02-20-2019 Thread Starter
newbie3

Re: Benataeu grid construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb32863 View Post
Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that it would be OK to buy this boat. There are lots of boats out there. I doubt that this is a specific Bene issue. While people can chime in on your pictures, none of use are actually there as your surveyor was. That's what he gets paid to do, I would go with what he said as he was on the boat. Keep looking, you will find the boat that works best for you.
I think to me it's more about doing research and learning so I'm a better informed buyer in the future. Also, I'm skeptical of everything I've had plenty of experts give me bad information. Not that I suspect the surveyor did... This is more of a follow-up and curiosity...

You're right about the photos. But pictures are better than nothing. And I'm hoping someone here looks at them and say...

"Oh - yes, I've seen this pattern before. These are the common structural weak points on a Benataeu grid."
Or..
"Well, that area doesn't make any sense.. hull separation happens here and here and not over there."

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome