SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruising from US to Bahamas and south Boat Documents needed?
View Single Post
post #23 of Old 03-03-2019
colemj

Re: Cruising from US to Bahamas and south Boat Documents needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
Have you considered writing up a document stating all the info you have imparted here and going to a consulate or Embassy and getting some kind of official stamp on it?
Last I checked the greedy bastar*s wanted $50.00US for a notary stamp, but it might be worth it. I'd do it for free, but my notary has expired.
The CG Bill of Sale has been officially notarized. The note explaining the situation has been officially notarized. The documentation for the boat is current and official. Our insurance certificate is current and official.

I don't see how getting yet another official notarization on all of the above would help any.

Besides, we have been through 3 countries with the above with no problems. Our next stop is the USA, which didn't have any issue with us or the documentation we have when we stopped in the USVI.

Mark

Manta 40 Catamaran "Reach"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome