SailNet Community - View Single Post - Electric Conversion log for Kahleesea
View Single Post
post #175 of Old 03-04-2019 Thread Starter
Captain Canuck
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Deale, MD
Posts: 375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 5
 
Re: Electric Conversion log for Kahleesea

Update 3/4/2019

The system from Thunderstruck arrived last week. Everything is intact - save for one of the arms that connects the gear reducer to the bulkhead. They sent me two lefts. Fortunately, they caught this before the package arrived and sent me out a right that will arrive this week. Once that key piece arrives, I'll be breadboarding the system in my workshop.

The BMS replacement board arrived. After swapping out the bad board, the BMS is now running at 100%. I charged Beta battery while it was plugged into the BMS and it cut the voltage off correctly. I'll charge Gamma and Delta batteries before I test them all in the box. Total charge time from about 30% to 100% was 45 mins, meaning about 4 hours total charge from depleted with the charger I have. The batteries can take a charge a lot faster, but I'm being careful.

I've measured everything and the throttle actuator and the throttle lever I bought will fit nicely on the helm right in front of the wheel. I'll probably have to calibrate the throttle a bit. The previous throttle was just below my right knee. I had to reach through the wheel to adjust it. It was a horrible design decision in an otherwise well laid out cockpit.

The key will be going in just below the throttle. There's no starter and no warm up required, so you can literally turn the key and go.

With any luck, I'll get some good weather this weekend and I can start the physical install.
Captain Canuck is offline  
 
 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome