SailNet Community - View Single Post - Caribbean, What works and doesn't
View Single Post
post #40 of Old 03-06-2019
hpeer

Re: Caribbean, What works and doesn't

Chuck wrote:

Quote:
. There is one thing we do - we record the next 5-7 days in a notebook-- we record wind, wind direction and pressure - we then watch to see if there are changes and prepare according - does 5-7 out really mean anything - well I would not take it to Vegas but it is an indication but what is important are the changes over time and by recording we can see if we got something coming and how we can avoid it
Thatís why I like Weathetrack application among other reasons. Personally I like to watch the TREND the weather is following. Is it getting consistently stronger, weaker? With windfinder the tribe are saved until you ditch them. Then I can go back and see what the forecast was a cullenif days ago.

It also has this ďmetro tramĒ function where when you pick a point it gives you a 10 day run of all parameters for that point. Including CAPE and wave height. It is missing wave period, which I get from bouy weather. Bouy weather now has 2 models. GDS and LOLA, but Iíve no idea what that is. It generally shows significantly more wind and wave than GFS. I find it is shows, rough average, slightly more wind than we actually get. But the GFS wave forecast is more realistic. If all I looked at was Bouyweather LOLA I would never go out!

33' Brewer, Murray 33, steel cutter
44' Pape, Steelmaid, cc steel cutter

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome