SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

2' of snow

5K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  makobuilders 
#1 ·
We have about that much on the level at my house right now, and I've been piling snow 8' high all around trying to keep the driveway passable.
So, I figured this is perfect weather to be planning out what I need to get the boat ready for lake. [emoji3]
Anyone else looking at their boat and planning for summer?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

#33 ·
The forecast was saying we could get as much as a foot of snow this last weekend, but it was about two degrees warmer than expected so much of it came as rain instead and we only ended up with 4" of slushy, heavy snow.
I love winter and snow, but I'm just about done.
At some point, enough is enough...

And as Mike O intimated, a lot of snow in March makes you realize it won't be gone soon.

I have a home that I open up during Easter... part of the ritual is to take the snowbanks from the roof slide off and throw it in the yard (hopefully to melt faster).

Last year, I did that and woke up to an inch of snow on top of the scattered snowbank

... at that point it seems like winter will last forEVA.... Like you I like the snow and winter too... I guess it is like boat ownership. The best two days of winter, when it starts and when it is over

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.